A diamond ring is a beautiful and valuable piece of jewelry. But it requires cleaning and maintenance to keep it looking its best. This blog post will show you how to clean your diamond ring with Windex.
What You Will Need
To properly clean your diamond ring with Windex, you will need the following:
- A small bowl
- Windex multi-surface cleaner
- A soft, lint-free cloth
- Small toothbrush with fine bristles
- Hydrogen Peroxide
Step One: Inspect Your Ring
Do not proceed with cleaning if you notice any cracks, chips, or other damage. Cleaning a damaged ring could cause further damage. If you have a loose stone, take your jewelry to a jeweler to get it repaired before cleaning.
You can clean a ring with Windex if it just has diamonds set in a gold, silver, or platinum setting. But if you have an antique diamond ring or a ring with colorful stones, porous stones, or treated jewels, it's better to forego this procedure.
Step Two: Remove Any Dirt or Build-Up With Windex
To remove any dirt or build-up on your diamond ring, you must:
- Spray Windex over the diamond ring in a shallow dish until it is thoroughly coated.
- Rotate the ring over to ensure all areas are covered.
- Give the Windex some time to set. Then you can use a soft toothbrush to scrub away any filth accumulated on the ring.
- Rinse with lukewarm water
- Use your lint-free cloth to dry it gently
Step Three: Use a Solution Mix for Extra Protection
You can use a mixture on your diamond ring for extra protection, or skip this step if you only have Windex available.
- In a small dish, make a 50/50 mixture of Windex and hydrogen peroxide (H2O2).
- Let your ring soak for about 10–15 minutes. The H2O2 will eliminate any leftover bacteria, while the Windex will continue to penetrate any remaining dirt.
- Brush the diamond ring with a gentle toothbrush.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and dry.
We advise using gloves when employing this procedure because your skin will dry up rapidly.
Restore the Sparkle on Your Diamond!
We hope you enjoyed reading this guide on how to clean your diamond ring with Windex. If you follow these simple steps, your diamond ring will shine brightly in no time!