Are you among the numerous individuals lacking knowledge about jewelry matters? Or have you heard about a diamond simulant before and never understood what the term means? If so, worry no more! By reading this post to its end, you will realize what a diamond simulant is, how it differs from synthetic diamond, and why many people prefer diamond simulants over natural diamonds. So, let's quickly dive into today's topic!
What Are Diamond Simulants?
A diamond simulant substitutes or imitates a diamond with differing chemical compositions and physical properties. The most common diamond simulants include; rhinestone, moissanite, and cubic zirconia.
What Is The Difference Between Diamond Simulants And Synthetic Diamonds?
Synthetic diamond significantly differs from diamond simulants. Synthetic diamond has the same chemical composition and physical structure as a natural diamond, while simulant diamonds lack any. In addition, lab-grown synthetic diamonds have an almost similar appearance to natural diamonds, which is not distinguishable, while it is easy to distinguish simulant diamonds from natural diamonds.
How Are Simulant Diamonds Different From Natural Diamonds?
It is not easy for anyone lacking gemological knowledge to understand how diamond simulants differ from natural diamonds. However, here are the most commonly used ways by jewelry sellers to identify them:
- Price: The diamond simulants are generally cheaper by almost 90% than the usual diamonds.
- Hardness: Ordinary diamonds are usually more rigid than diamond simulants. Diamond simulants will easily crack, scratch, and chip when exposed to a strong force.
- Clarity: diamond simulants are much clearer than ordinary diamonds. When ranged according to clarity scales, diamond simulants would be the topper.
- Thermal and Electrical Conductivity: Since diamond simulants lack natural diamonds' physical and chemical properties, they will not possess thermal and electricity conducting properties.
- Fluorescence: The typical diamond reflects a spectrum of various colors when exposed to direct sunlight. The range includes; yellow, blue, mauve, green, and red colors.
Get A Diamond Simulant Ring For Your Partner
With the increased demand for typical diamonds, the cost of diamond rings may not be affordable to everyone. A diamond simulant ring would be a perfect alternative way to impress your loved one. At Luvari, we have high-quality, attractive, and unique diamond simulants your partner would love like the ordinary diamond. Contact us today and secure your diamond simulant ring at an affordable price.